My version of Gado Gado
Gado Gado is a traditional Indonesian dish; basically a huge bowl of veggies on either a grain or noodles. I suggest brown rice or rice noodles are best. I used almond butter for the satay dressing but I think a traditional recipe uses peanut butter.
This dish is very versatile and you could really use whatever vegetable you like best!
Here is my version!
Tofu (extra firm)
Handful of Green Beans
Hard boiled Eggs
Rice Vermicelli or Brown Rice
1/4 cup Almond Butter (smooth)
2 tbsp Tamari (gluten free)
1/2 lime (juiced)
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Garlic Chili Sauce (add more for added heat)
Hot Water to thin out the consistency if needed (roughly 2 tbsp)
1) Preheat oven to 425 broil. Slice yam into rounds and broil for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
2) Hard boil eggs. (9 minutes)
3) Fry diced tofu in frying pan with coconut oil until golden brown.
4) In a medium sauce pan, boil water and blanche green beans for roughly 4 minutes.
4) Chop red peppers into stripes; peel carrots and shave off stripes.
5) Mix dressing; combine all ingredients into container and whisk or use emulsion blender.
6) Assemble your bowl: add 1 cup brown rice or rice noodles and top with roasted yams, steamed green beans, red pepper, carrots, hard boiled egg, cilantro, and fresh lime. Drizzle dressing over top and ENJOY!
To make this dish vegan, skip the hard boiled egg and add extra veggies or extra tofu.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! PLEASE TAG ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA @VJNUTRITION #VJNUTRITION