Healthy Berry Galette
It took me a few times to get this crust to work – but once it did, it turned out beautifully!
Gluten free, Dairy free, Vegan
1/2 cup Almond Flour (Almond Meal) *Bob’s Red Mill’s
3/4 cup Gluten Free Baking Flour
1 tbsp Swerve Granules (or Coconut Sugar)
1/3 cup Vegan Butter *Earth Balance
1-3 tbsp Ice Cold Water
2-3 cups Fresh Mixed Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
1 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp Swerve Granules (or Coconut Sugar)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1) In food processor, pulse together almond flour, gluten free flour and swerve to combine.
2) Add in earth balance and pulse. Once combined slowly add in 1 tbsp ice cold water at a time. Only add as much as you need until the dough becomes crumbly but moist.
3) Put the dough into a bowl and set into fridge covered with a towel for 1 hour.
4) In the mean time, prep your fresh berries of choice combining them with the rest of the filling ingredients.
5) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
6) Take the dough out from the fridge and knead together a few times, warming it enough with your hands that it becomes smooth.
7) Roll it into a ball and place between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
8) Roll out dough, not too thin or it will break too easy.
9) Cut around the edges to make it a nice shape. Scoop berry mixture into the middle of the crust and leave about 2 inches from the edge. Fold the edges of the dough over the strawberries carefully. (I used the parchment paper to help fold gently)
10) Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
11) Remove from oven and allow to sit for 20 minutes letting the dough slightly harden.
Best served with coconut vanilla ice cream!
Tag me @vjnutrition #vjnutrition if you love this recipe!